Gateway home fire sparked by child playing with lighter & rubbing alcohol
LEE COUNTY, Fla. – Crews confirmed that the Gateway home fire was intentionally started by a child flown to a Tampa burn center on Thursday.
The child started the fire with a lighter and rubbing alcohol in the bathroom of a home on Lake Meadow Drive in Gateway, according to South Trail Fire Department. The fire is not considered arson.
The child was flown to a Tampa burn center. The child’s family was home at the time of the fire, crews said.
The fire was contained to the bathroom and the child has severe burns, South Trail fire crews said. The exact age of the child has not been released.
Fire officials are reminding parents to keep ignition sources out of reach and out of sight.
The post Gateway home fire sparked by child playing with lighter & rubbing alcohol appeared first on NBC2 News.NBC2 (WBBH-TV)
#mortgagenaples, #naplesmortgage, #naplesnews, *Top News, fire, Gateway, Local, News