LEE COUNTY, Fla.– The Florida Department of Health in Lee County (DOH) issued a health alert for the Davis Boat Ramp on Friday.
Algae toxins were detected in the water near the ramp.
According to the DOH, when blue-green toxins are detected contact with the water should be avoided. The algae could cause gastrointestinal effects if swallowed. The toxins could impact pets as well as people.
Algal Bloom Sampling Status from Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Further updates on the Alva boat ramp can be found here. Algal blooms can be reported here.
The post Health alert issued...