Waste Pro’s pick up progress to be discussed at Cape Coral City Hall
CAPE CORAL, Fla. — The City of Cape Coral is expected to give an update on Waste Pro’s trash pick up progress today, June 9.
Today’s update will be the first one since the City closed trash drop-off locations that were meant to help Waste Pro catch up on pick ups.
Fines for Waste Pro’s missed pick ups are still being negotiated, a Cape Coral spokesperson said.
In the trash company’s latest letter to the City, there are signs of improvement. So far, Waste Pro has hired 18 new drivers and several other job fair applicants should be on board soon.
Yard waste routes are caught up and back on schedule, according to Waste Pro’s division manager Bill Jones. He also said that all three bulk contractors will be phased out this week.
Waste Pro is expected to give their update around 3:15 p.m. today at City Hall.
The post Waste Pro’s pick up progress to be discussed at Cape Coral City Hall appeared first on NBC2 News.NBC2 (WBBH-TV)